Have you ever thought, “If I could just avoid all this bureaucracy, I could get things done?” You’re right. Too many organizations think they’re helping the teams when those very practices make work more difficult to accomplish. Sometimes, all you need to do is stop demotivating people from doing the work. Innovative organizations don’t just innovate their products—they innovate their processes. You might not be able to influence all of these ideas, but you can start the conversation.
1. Identify processes and procedures that prevent innovation.
2. Visualize management collaboration reduces decision time.
3. Realize that all motivation is internal and how to elevate motivation.
4. Create a culture of experimentation
5. Create opportunities instead of performance management.